Tuesday, September 15, 2015

On Set Experience: 1st AD

I have mentioned before the power of the internet when it comes to learning about filmmaking. The video I have to share today is a perfect example of that idea. Previously, in order to gain this type of exposure to a set and an in depth look into job of the 1st assistant director, you probably had to go to film school and gain an internship. Now all you have to do is use a search bar of find a link to a video that someone has posted. It's easier than ever!

I'll keep the commentary short and sweet on this post because the video is rather lengthy, and I'd rather you spend your time watching it than reading my opinions on it. I'll let you form your own opinions. However, this does directly tie back to my post about Film School becoming irrelevant. It wouldn't hurt to glance at that before or after the video, it should help bring everything full circle.
Film School: Irrelevant?

Without further ado:

"Life Of A 1st AD"



No comments:

Post a Comment